Saturday, February 13, 2010

At the camel market in Riyadh


At the camel market in Riyadh, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

This is my first time in KSA (The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). I am here for work and I am here only for a week but I hope to be out and about as much as I can with my camera. After a light morning's work, I went out with a taxi and a new Italian friend and we headed off to the Souk Gemal, camel market. Really, the BIGGEST market I have ever seen, soread out over miles and miles,. Big animals, camels. I tried to get up onto this one, but no-one could understand that I need a leg up (not as supple as I used to be) so every time I tried to get on the camel was already on his way up. Oh well, at least, I managed to get this photo out of it.

I am staying in Riyadh, which, to be honest, doesn't seem to be my kind of city, with its big roads, drive-in restaurants and shopping malls. It probably has it's charms and I have only bene here a day.

Off now to look for either a Somali or Yemeni restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page