Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Top ten hits of 1973

Top Hits of 1973
1 Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon
2 Simon Park Orchestra - Eye Level
3 Peters & Lee - Welcome Home
4 The Sweet - Blockbuster
5 Slade - Cum On Feel The Noize
6 Gary Glitter - I Love You Love Me Love
7 Wizzard - See My Baby Jive
8 Gary Glitter - I'm The Leader Of The Gang
9 Donny Osmond -The Twelfth of Never
10 David Cassidy - Daydreamer / Puppy Song

1973 WAS the heyday of glam, as well as Christmas records (see blog above). Here we see the top ten hits of the year being dominated by songs by Slade, The Sweet, Wizzard and Gary Glitter, whilst a little further down we would see T Rex, Mud, Kenny, Alice Cooper and Suzi Quatro. Slade and Sweet were liked more by the hard guys at school, which is funny really when you see just how camp The Sweet were in their Top of the Pops performances. I talk about my favourite, Wizzard in the post above.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page