Monday, June 19, 2006

My birthday party


My birthday party, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

Well, it was my birthday yesterday, and I had a lovely time with some very nicve surprises. The sun came out and it was a glorious hot summer's day (27.6 degrees maximum in Amsterdam), just like last year and perfect for a party in the garden.

Fred and I spent the morning getting ready, thank you, Fred, for helping me out. We prepared the pizzas and the quail's eggs, salads and on and got the garden ready with a table, some charirs, kelims and a mattress for lounging around, just like last year!

Received a few phone calls and some nice e-mails from friends abroad ( a piy they couldn't be here), relaxed and watched a bit of football before the first guests arrived and the party started. nice and relaxd. I suddenly remembered that I was going to make caiprinhas (rum, limes, sugar and lots and lots of ice) so I enlisted Timon to help me crush the ice and help make some nice strong cocktails to put everyone in a good mood!

The food was all eaten and much of the drink was drunk. A few people turned up who I was not expecting, which was a nice surprise, even though Fred had been a bit naughty trying to tell me they were away on holiday in France and so on...

It was a lovely day and thanks to everyone for making it so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page