Saturday, April 15, 2006

Britain's No. 1 Guy


Britain's No. 1 Guy, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

A letter from J.G. from Spring 1979

Dear Charles,

I am writing on behalf of L. S. who asked me to give you this patch. I hope that you can remember her, she was at the dancing classes we went to earlier in the holidays. She told me how much she enjoyed dancing with you and hoped that it might be possibl to see you again in the not-to-distant future. If you are interested her address is: *****, Beaconsfield. I am afraid that I go back to school next week but I'm sure that L. would be absolutely delighted to hear from you soon.

I DID remember L and I DID take her out to the cinema in High Wycombe, going by train. But that would be the only time I ever saw L. again. I am not sure how I got out of it, but she might have noticed that I was not entirely interested in dating her. I would have been far too busy anyway, studying for my 'A' levels, doing the paper round and betting on the horses.

And anyway there were to be other girls.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page