Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Roffey faces


Roffey faces
Originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

They may be a bit blurred, these faces, but they have all come off the internet in my search for the family roots.

We are back in the early 1800's with a Thomas Roffey who lived in Lambeth in what was then Surrey, but is now London. He has six children including one daughter Alice, who did marry, three (Kate, Margaret and Helen) who did not, and two young sons Thomas William and William James. The latter had seven children, his second being Thomas (again) and he is my great grandfather.

I had been hoping to connect into a oneworldtree which tries eventually to tie in everyone's work, but although there have been many Roffeys looking, they seems to have branched off before my Thomas from the early 1800's.

Anyway, I am pleased to have found this collection of characters, most of them from America, which explains their odd christian names. Someone told me that they seem to have big ears. Can't see it myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I noticed my brothers face in your collection of pictures, Daniel Kenneth James Roffey, the one with the red dreadlocks.

My name is Benjamin William Crane Roffey and my other brother is named David Thomas James Roffey. My dad is Kenneth James Roffey from Renfrew, Ontario. Shameful, but I can't even remember his dad's name (I never got to meet him). I can find out more information if you think there's a link.

My e-mail is benroffey@hotmail.com

05 April, 2006 02:12  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.7
tory burch handbags
red bottom
supreme shirt
pandora jewelry outlet
canada goose jackets
air jordan uk
moncler outlet
canada goose outlet
ultra boost 3.0
pandora

07 July, 2018 03:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page