Sunday, November 30, 2008

Agricultural red


Agricultural red, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

On a grey day at the end of November, down here in Crewkerne in deepest Somerset, with sleet falling from the sky... the most colour to be found was from decaying agricultural implements...

I am spending the weekend with my Mum in Crewkerne. A cold weekend, it must be said! I have work in London on Minday and Tuesday and this would be the last chance I have to see Mum before Chritsmas, so I took my chance, taking the lunchtime flybe flight from Amsterdam to Exeter, where Mum was waiting to pick me up.

We stopped in Chard on the way back to Crewkerne so I could put a bet on Snoopy Loopy in the Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup at Newbury where he was carrying top weight. I first got his blue colours mixed up with Air Force One and got quite excited to see him jump so well, until a fellow punter pointed out I was following the wrong horse. Never miond Snoopy Loopy was not far away and despite dropping back towards the end of the race he stayed on to finish third and reward me for my each way bet, making up a litle bit for the 33-1 win he had had the previous wekeend. He shgould now be in the top ten of chasers in the country by now. A wonderful achievement!

Locations of visitors to this page