Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dijk 120


Dijk 120, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

Dijk 120 is where we have spent the last two 'club-avonden' on Friday evenings. They playlots fo great music from the 1960' s and 1970's and modern-day music (not that usual 80's nonsense) and they alow smoking (against the law). Martin was asked to pay two euro's contribution for smoking his cigar, a contribution to the next fine they get from the authorities. The smoking ban has hit small independent bars very badly and we can expect many to go under leaving us with corporate ' formula' bars. Thank you EU and the politically correct anti-smoking lobby...

5 Comments:

Blogger Imamama's said...

Well, I have to react to this. Since last July I can breath freely again (I suffer from chronic bronchitis). And it's a wonderful experience to be able to go to any cafe or restaurant I want, whenever I want. Terraces in summer were the only option for me and my children to go to. I don't think i had seen the interior of any horeca establishment in Amsterdam for the last ten years. Today my wife and I and our two children of 3 and 5 went to a the sort of cafe, we would never have visited before July the 1st; a brown cafe. And it was full of families!

I think our health and the health of our children is far more important than the wishes of a small minority i.e. smokers. Why should anyone suffer from the fact that there are people with unhealthy habits?

15 November, 2008 21:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The owner is a raciest, she yelled at us and was hostile from the second we got in just because we are tourists!
DO NOT GO THERE!

19 January, 2012 23:11  
Blogger شركة رواد الحرمين said...

شركة رواد الحرمين تقدم لكم

شركه عزل فوم بالرياض

شركه تنظيف منازل بالدمام

30 July, 2019 23:39  
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

27 March, 2022 17:32  
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

بالنظر إلى أداء سهم المصافي تداول
خلال الفترة الماضية، فقد استطاعت الشركة الانتقال من الخسائر في عام 2020م إلى تحقيق الربحية في عام 2021م.

27 March, 2022 17:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page