Friday, October 24, 2008

Istanbul in black and grey - stairway to heaven

It was a bit cloudy in our part of Istanbul today, after a bright start, so many of the photos didn't work out too well (Sony's not being renowned for doing all that well in low light conditions). Anyway, I managed a good crop of pics today as we walked around the backstreets from Eminonu towards Fener. At last we stopped off for a shave (me) and a haircut (fred) and ended up an hour-and-a-half later with a full facial beauty treatment (this time without the electrolysis, thank goodness). As in Amman it was completely unasked for and ended up being more expensive than what we thought we were letting ourselves in for but it was cheaper than just one of Fred's haircuts in Amsterdam. In the meantime, my hair got some attention as my barber was not happy about the state of my hair, just two weeks after it having been cut by my Syrian chap back home. But the good news is that we do looka fair bit younger this evening and have faces with skin as soft as a baby's bottom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page