Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grannie


Happy Birthday, Grannie, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

It is my Grannie's birthday today and she would have been 103 today, had she not died 21 years ago, may she be resting in peace. 25th September is always a day which sticks in my memory and in particular the fact that from the mid-1980's onwards, we often had very nice weather on her birthday. And we had it again today. Beautiful warm golden autumn sunshine.

Here is a scanned photo from Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra, Australia, whne she (and my grandfather) came out to visit us (by ocean-going liner). We were in Canberra for two years and we had a sailing boat at the lake. My grandmother is here with my father (her son), my Mum and myself (the scrawny one on the right).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page