Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's that time of the year again...

Posing in the Cotswolds
... the third week of March (although this year it is just the second week of March... but anyway)... the Cheltenham Festival is on this week, with today the Champion Hurdle, won by Katchit, who we saw winning the Triumph Hurdle last year. He is the first horse in 29 years to have won both races in consecutive seasons and is also the first five year old of the last 73 which have tried, to have won the Champion Hurdle. Great.

I missed it as I was travelling over to Exeter at the time, to be picked up by my (superstar) Mum, where I am now. The weather was dreadful in Amsterdam, a lot better here but it is a lot worse than it was three years agio when I took my Mum to Cheltenham for the Gold Cup, when it was 21 degrees and sunny, like summer.

Anyway, good to see Mum looking well, also Nick and George the cat, will be staying with them until Sunday. In the meantime Fred is in London with his 72 schoolchildren and today they visited Harrow School against whom we (at MTS) used to plat sport if we were in a school team (which I never was...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page