Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What is it with 'man flu'?


Fred (September 2007), originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

Fred and I have been laid low with colds and both of us spent the day at home yesterday. I was in bed most of the time feeling rotten. Fred didn't feel quite so bad so he spent some time working on things for school and looking after me!

Well, my colleague asks me how I was recovering from my 'man flu', whilst a colleague of Fred's refers to my 'mannen griep' (= man flu). The point these women, for they are both women, is that men don't deal with colds as well as women.... spending their time feeling sorry for themselves, demanding attention and care from their loved ones, as opposed to women who just get on with it.

I don''t know if that is so much sexist nonsense, but all I can say is that I did feel rotten yesterday and I very much appreciated having Fred at home to look after me. Fred was back at school today and I spent my time at home working on e-mails, and it wasn't a nice day to be out, being the coldest day of the autumn so far and wet as well.

I think I will stay at home again tomorrow, as there is enough work to do on the e-mail and I have a busy week next week, so better get my strength back as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page