Sunday, September 16, 2007

A lovely day


Geese on the Kade, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

It was a nice day for the geese, but by the time I arrived at the beach the clouds had taken the upper hand and there was a stiff breeze blowing. Blijburg was no so busy but between the huts, behind glass and out of the wind, it was very nice. The sun came out again and I nowhave a nice tingly feeling on my skin. It was very nice to come across an ex-colleague from 12 years ago and her husband and we chatted about Dutch and Middle Eastern poltics while they drank their Sol beers and I drank my Spa Rood. Later, I chatted to a neighbour who had also come down to the beach before battling against the wind on the way back home.

A nice dinner outside on the balcony where we were accompanied by two young blackbirds pecking their way through sticks and leaves looking for food.

It has been a very good day, in a very special and unexpected way. It is good to see how even a very dark cloud can clear away to let the sun flood back in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page