Sunday, July 01, 2007

The first of July


Smokey cafe - two, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

Yes, the day the smoking ban hits England, after its introduction in Ireland, Italy, Wales and Scottieland. Here in Holland the bar owners want to wait until 2012, whilst the government wants to hurry them up and introduce the ban next year. Bad news for the dope industry then.

It was a lovely day today, a very welcome break from the cloud and rain,so was good to get out, after a late start and enjoy the sunshine. It was only coming home on the bike that I realised that there were many musical and dance events around town celebrating the end of slavery. Many beautiful African women in tradition dress. Alas, I did not have my camera and it was getting late anyway.

So, we spent the evening watching the Princess Diana concert from the new Wembley Stadium. Some good acts, like P. Diddy singing Missing You (to the tune of The Police's 'Every Breat You Take') and Take That, with their brilliant 'Patience'. The end was a bit weird, a stupid comedian making really bad jokes plus Elton John rounding off with two songs of his which had never been hits and, presumably are only known to his fans. Then this was followed by a home cinema presentation of Diana as a young girl. Very nice but a little odd.

Strangely enough, I had just mentioned my cousin James' name to Fred, when a couple fo minutes later I happened to look at my mobile and there was an sms from him with a horse racing tip for tomorrow... which I will not pass on here.

Good to report that my tip from yesterday, Kock De Vesvre, DID win at 5-1. Unfortunately, I left the house before having put money on him, thought about turning back but decided not to, and, sure enough, he won. The fact that his trainer was not too confident was, in my eyes, a trick to put people off betting on him so the owners could get a better price for their bets!

Further, I had mentioned a company in which I had shares on here in early March, calld OVTI. I said they were $ 13 a share then but should see $ 18 before the year was up, and sure enough, I had a look last Friday and they had just breeched the $ 18 mark... so a nice 40% return. Watch this space... but tomorrow... it is Monday and back to the office...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page