Sunday, November 12, 2006

With the monks in Battambang

These monks were very interested to practice their English with us. We were even invited into a school classroom to speak some English by one of the monks, who was giving the lesson. We did our best. He was teaching them strange expressions like dead-lock, dead-show and dead-mind. We were asked to explain in front of the class what they meant but I had only heard of the first. It was a bit embarrasssing. Anyone with any ideas?

Further you may notice that this monk has one of my moo visiting cards, printed from my flickr collection... these cards are proving to be quite popular as they get scattered around South East Asia. I wonder ifd/when I will hear from anyone.

Time to go back to find Richard who I left on the pavemnet an hour or so ago.

Labels: ,

Locations of visitors to this page