Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mum on her way to Aden in 1960



Some explanation:

My Dad used to have a camera and used to take films when we were younger. We may have seen some of these films once or twice in the late 60's or early 70's. Since then they have been stored in their protective plastic boxes and kept in a cardboard box. My sister managed to get her hands on a folm one day and this was the film of my parent's wedding and this was made into a video sometime in the early 90's.

Well, on my last trip to England to se my Dad he offered to let me borow the films ot se if I could get them digitalised so that everyone could watch them.

Well, four weeks later, after Supersens in Amsterdam-Noord did their work, I now have the first two films in digital format! These films were labelled as being from 1960 to 1962 and sure enough, they cover the period from my parent's honeymoon on the Isle of Wight, the passenger ship voyage to Aden (the ship was on its way to Australiam, passing thriugh the Suez Canal - where we see the Gilly Gilly men trying to seel things from their small boats - and stopping at Aden, where Mum saud she was pleased she could get off!), the first glimpses of Hargeisa, Mum being pregnant, me suddenly appearing on the scene through to me learbning to walk to the arrival of my sister Diana and our first visit to England in the winter of 1962. Exciting stuff. This is just the first mini video made from the digital file.. Mum on the cruise ship in the Med, on her way to Aden, looking very beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page