Thursday, May 21, 2009

Madrid - a slice of life

A slice of life: visiting Madrid for three days for work. My dearest collegues _ Vanesa, Patricia and Danny work here - and they have promised to take me to Toledo on Friday afternoon!!!

Anyway, Felipe is taking me out to dinner at 8.30, giving me an hour or two to kill, so I wander around and find myself sitting on the terrace on front of the Richelieu (!!!) Bar on Paseo Eduardo Dato. I am surrounded by a large number of elderly gentlewomen, with an average age somewhere in the 70's with an extraordinary range of hair colours (great business for the local paruccherias


Carrying on.... And they are sipping away at their cervezas and sangria. I sit down and order my beer and get brought dishes of olives, crisps, peanuts and cheesy biscuits. The first mouthful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page