Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On my way to my meeting in Grenoble

I was hoping to keep this a snow-free zone, as we have not had any snow in Amsterdam this winter, about the only place in Europe to have escaped it so far.

I went to Grenoble for three days this week, flying as Transavia have tgheir cheap winter season flights out from Rotterdam. The strong wind in Rotterdam came from the wrong direction and caused the flight to be delayed three hours.

However, when I arrived at the airport, the sun was shining and the surroundsing countryside, full of rolling hills and walnut orchards, woods, copses, farmhouses and fields looked so attractive, that I decided I wuld have to sticjk arund to take some photos. Higher up were traces of snow, like here and snow only really looks nice when the sun shines on it, like in the mountains.

I arrived at the meeting two-and-a-half hours late, but not only because I was taking photos... actually it didn't matter too much because by the time I did arrive, our advisors had worked out what the possible problems were and now we have a few days to solve them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page