Thursday, August 16, 2007

Kebabs or Smorgasbord?


Kebabs and herbs, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

I am going back to Stockholm tomorrow, for work. It was a bit of a fight to get me there but I am a fighter so I am going. I will spend the night there and come back on Saturday, maybe in tiem for Hartjesdag. I am wondering whether I will eat posh tomorrow or go to the Iraqi kebab restaurant, in which Fred and I had two delicious and large meals when we were last in Stockholm. Either that or some Swedish smorgasbord (whatever that is... we still are not quite sure...)

Anyway, here are some kebabs from a roadside shop in Beirut from a couple of years ago. How lucky we were to be there in atime of relative peace.

Yesterday the papers were writing about the suicide bombs in northern Iraq which killed 200 people, mostly Yazidis. Yet another bit of proof about how dangerous religion is in the wrong heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page