Friday, March 16, 2007

Cheltenham Gold Cup Day

It is the third Friday in March and for the last three eyars, when the race was moved from Thursday to Friday, this means that it is Cheltenham Gold Cup Day. The sun is shining, the daffodils are out in their yellow abundance, the tits are chirruping outside, a dog is barking, but otherwise their is a lovely morning calm, as if everything is quietly anticipating the drama which will unfold on the Cotswolds at 3.15 this afternoon.

I mentioned earlier that this is like 2005 all over again, and certainly we seem to have a repeat of the weather, although it'd be quite a few degrees cooler this year, I will have lots money on the previous days of the Festival but am eagerly anticipating a good show from my selection, My Will, whilst also ready to salute Kauto Star as the new Champion. If I get into the racecourse, that is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page