Saturday, April 08, 2006

Grand National picks


Amberleigh House, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

Well, it is reckoning time... I have to come clean about my Grand National picks. Not very inspired, I am afraid, but at least I stand to win a little if any of them come in the first five.

Jack High (25-1) - looks like his Irish trainer has got him well prepared for the race. He can stay the distance, but might be a little on the small side.

Ballycassidy (100-1) - an old favourite of mine. He will not like the softer ground and although he might start off the race well, he will probably not last the distance. Had to back him as I always do and couldn't miss him if he did decide to win. His trainer has been coming back to form this week.

Baron Windrush (80-1) - there was a tip for this on BBC message boards, Mum told me his owner was interviewed on TV this morning and he was very hopeful. He has good form but did not run well last time. Trainer is badly out of form though.

Juveigneur (33-1) - ran a great race last time at Cheltenham, trainer capable of winning this, had a winner over the fences yesterday. But, this one has fallen twice over these fences when he has tried them before.

So, it is unlikely that I will win any money at all, but at least if any of them do well, it might be financially rewarding.

I think actually that an Irish horse will win. Probably Hedgehunter (again), if not then Numbersixvalverde or Garvivvonian. I don't like teh look of the favourite Clan Royal,a s I do not think he will stay.

Had a dream though that Cornish Rebel would win, but I think he has too much weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page