Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A path through the woods


A path through the woods, originally uploaded by CharlesFred.

Here is a photo of the woods just above Mum's house, going up Brincombe Hill, looking a bit like the path on which the hobbits had their first encounter with a Black Rider in the Fellowship of the Ring. This wood is home to badgers, some of whom come down ot the garden at night scrimmaging around for food.

It is another lovely sunny day today and soon Mum will be taking me to Taunton from where I will take a hire car to get me to Cheltenham ofr the races. It is Champion Chase day today, but I am afraid that I have looked through the whole card and I cannot say that any of the horses provide me with much enthusiasm, none of my favourite horses will be running and none of my favourite trainers having particularly favoured runners.

No ante-post bets today, but a horse I would like is Aces Four at 25-1 in the Sun Alliance Chase, where I think the 5-4 favourite Denman could easily be beaten.Otherwise it might be nice to see the 8-1 favourite of the Coral Cup, Burntoakboy win for his small trainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page